HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Hooter's Shooters Thread (1)
Old 12-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Fieldmouse
Dominant Buck

So here's the deal. Last night I missed a six (actually a 7 from the trail cam pics I just looked at). Not sure if I screwed up my anchor point or I think I may have closed one eye (more reasonable screw up) What I didn't say from last was the coolest thing I think ever in the woods besides loosing my ..... I had a huge owl fly right underneath me 3 feet directly below me, full spread glide.

Anyway back to the hunt. I jumped about a dozen that were below my stand on my way in. Went and retrieved my arrow from the night before. Got in my stand and had about 4 or 5 walk below me but no bucks with racks. So I'm thinking in my mind, this is my last evening hunt up here in Md unless I could recover from surgery earlier then expected a reduce my draw weight. Then I was thinking, are you nuts? So I then start thinking, OK, I fly home with my bow and hunt NC for the few days I have next week. Not the most promising but still possible. 2 mins before hunting hours close for the night 5:14, this guy walks right up the creek line on my side (a bunch of does were on the other) and stand below me 6 feet from the tree. I took the straight down shot through his spine (practice this shot every year) and the bugger dropped. Before I could get another arrow knocked up, he made it about 5 feet behind my tree and a little sappling. He turned back in my direction and gave my a tiny opening so I stuck him again. I had to wait there until my friend finally showed up. I've never packed a flash light this year.

So we're not in first but not far behind either. When extreme puts that 210 class on the board, we'll get into first.

I almost for got, here's another pic and my deer. My mom took a better pic with her phone and the deer in my rental car trunk. This pic is from my crackberry. FYI, sonata's have bigger trunks than Malibus. I had a hard time crunching this guy in and getting the lid to close.
Attached Images