HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - another ho hum season here in upstate NY
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 04:05 PM
DeerandbearhoG
Nontypical Buck

you just need to hunt a little harder thatll do it seriously, i know exactly what you mean. I got a decent buck w/ my bow in oct. but i wasnt seeing anything for the 1st week in gun season, I also sit from sun up to sundown, for days on end w/ out seeing anything, it gets real hard to keep a positive attitude, but I learned the same lesson ive learned sevaeralXs before, last wensday, and thats no matter how little deer movement youre seeing, always be ready for an encounter w/ a big buck. I sat for 3 days in a row in the same small woodlot and didnt see squat, around noon on the 3rd day, while starring off into space, I caught some movement behind me ,I did a double take and saw one of the biggest bucks ive ever been close to in the woods, 30 yds behind me! i should have just grabbed my gun and turned around and shot him, but like an idiot I decided to grunt at him instead BIG MISTAKE! cause i acidentaly grunted into my scope and fogged it up long enough for him to slip behind some brush. I kept grunting and trying to get the X hairs on him but all I could do was watch him walk away the point is if I had been a little more positive about seeing a deer , I would have turned around and seen that deer 3 seconds sooner ,and hed be wearing my tag. STAY POSITVE! and always believe you might see a buck at any time. good luck!