HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - man this is frustrating, letem walk and the neighbors shhot them.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:15 AM
KevinWayne
Spike

Ive been on my place for 7 years and have passed many young deer. I have culled out 3 deer and shot one mature 140 class buck. My neighbors are on the same plan. We are in a 3 buck county and for the past 5 years we have maybe killed 1 to 2 bucks a year including the cull bucks. I have seen major improvments on my land over the past three years. All it takes are a few good hunters to be on the same page. When it all started the rule was you shoot it you mount it and since we have gone to killing mature bucks and cull bucks it has been a huge difference. I personally hate to see a good 2 year old buck laying on the ground. Let the good bucks breed and grow. Take them when theyre big and old. Ive seen deer on my land grow year after year and i have my eyes on one. I have his sheds from his 2nd 3rd and hopefully ill get him this year which will be his fourth. That would be a good story behind the kill in my book.