HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - man this is frustrating, letem walk and the neighbors shhot them.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:24 PM
nosfedgta
Fork Horn

I was not the one who set the rules.. If it were my club it would be an 8 point or better rule or you shoot it you mount it. I mean if you shot a mature 7 pointer then its ok too, but you get the idea.

I have hunted in ny, nj, and ga. In ga its a different ball game for sure. The guys I hunt with were just trying to set rules for a nice qdm club. I just wish they would have set the standards a little lower so to speak. 700 acres is a lot, and you could manage it well, but it also depends on how its layed out. Our property is a narrow tract of land. Its 2.1 miles long, but at its widest point is less than 1/2 mile. I think this is a lot of the reason "our" deer are traveling to neighboring property. Plus they have more hardwood fingers and bottoms than us. Our property is 75% planted pine from 10 years old to 20 years old.

I have some bucks on cam and the guy in the club next to us has the same one on his cam about 1/2 mile away as the crow flies.

I just hope I get a shot at a decent buck this year that meets "our" rules. I have some good ones on cam, but of course they are all at night even during the rut they were at night...