HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31)
Old 11-30-2009, 03:29 PM
ahunter55
Nontypical Buck

This afternoon was my last time out b/4 Gun season (starts 5th)& then i'll be back at it. Sad thing happened tonight (IN my eyes). I pull out of the field from hunting onto the road to head up to daughters house (shes hunting the other side this evening) & as i pull onto the road see a Semi sitting. I just figured he was going into one of the fields. I go 60-70 yds past him & see a deer in the middle of the road, no horns-he had JUST hit it. I pull off & go over to pull it out of the road & it's a nice Buck MINUS any horns. Pieces are everywhere. I found one main beam minus the brow-it was a GREAT 8, Guessing if both antlers in tact would score at least the minimum 125... the other antler ws nothing but pieces. I talked to the Driver & he said he just jumped out & he couldn't even hit his brakes-went under the cab & he drug him about 30 feet. Buck was mangled bad. Driver had damage to his truck & was on cell to someone to come out where he was.
The Buck came from property my Daughter & I are Bowhunting sooo, one less. He was hit about 200 yds. from one of our stands. Hope others are having some good news. Check in & let us know whats going on...Looks Like I'll be Bowhunting late season this year....