HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of going back to Pike County IL in December
Old 11-30-2009, 02:54 PM
ryanhill
Fork Horn

im from pike co. il. (pittsfield) . did you hunt private or outfitted ground ? outfitted ground isnt very good late season becouse the outfitter no matter how many acre they have has burnt out the ground by then . i know on my farm late season is one of my favorite times to hunt . and if it gets cold and some snow on the ground watch out your in for a very good hunt . you get on a good food source you wont find a better area in the country . i shoot a good buck every year late season . it just all depends on the pressure the ground has on it the amount of mature deer your guna c . plus there is still standing corn across the whole county that the farmers cant get out due to rian so there are deer that havnt even seen a hunter all year . that are guna be un pressured when they finally do get the crops out . if you need any info about whats goin on around here shoot me an emial and i can get u my phone number

Last edited by ryanhill; 11-30-2009 at 02:57 PM.