HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dads nice 8, Brothers 6 CT
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 07:56 AM
bigwhitetailbuck
Fork Horn

Talking Dads nice 8, Brothers 6 CT

Well this is a bit overdue but he we go:
On Monday morning, my dad went out in the woods, really nice morning, light wind and 35 degrees. I really wanted to go out, but my mom would've killed me if I asked. On the property we hunt, we rarely ever see any deer. I know there was a few across there though, including a nice 8, a 4 point, spike and a few does. The property used to be really good hunting until they put a 20 acre development right in the middle of it. Its 236 acres. But anyways my dad went out monday morning. Around 8:10 he sees two tails go up. Hes hunting the edge of an overgrown field with lots of big rubs in it. I picked his spot. All he can see of these two deer is a head and neck of a spike. He had the crosshairs on the white of the Spikes neck.. And hes thinking to himself "Should I take the shot?" He decides not too and is glad he didn't. 5 minutes later he sees the two deer take off. He looks about 70 yards out and sees the rack of this big 8. The grass is so tall he can only see a part of his back. The buck was walking away, so he decided to take the shot. It dropped in its tracks with a spine shot. Soon after my dad climbed down and finnished him off. I have seen this buck multiple times this year.

In the afternoon, my brother decides to buy his license online and head out. He drives to the back side of the property and starts walking into the field. 2 minutes after he steps out of his car he jumps a little six point. He "blahs" to stop it, 80 yards through some brush he can see him. Standing up he shot, and drilled him with a perfect lung shot. He ran 40 yards. Both of these deer were the first deer we shot off the property in about 2 or 3 years since they put in the development. All in one day. Now its my turn to get one damnit

Both of these deer were shot in Burlington CT in the Northwest Corner.