HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31)
Old 11-22-2009, 08:20 PM
ahunter55
Nontypical Buck

Went last Thursday-5 Does & 1 decent 8 following 5 min. behind them but nothing closer than 60 yds..
Took Fri & Sat off as it was my B-day Sat. Wife & I went out of town-ate a nice steak supper Friday evening & stayed in Hotel-Sat. she shopped for Kids, G-Kids.

Went this afternoon with Daughter. 3:45 I rattle. 5 min later a BIG 8 comes by our stand @ 60 yds & walkes into the bean field.
We are just watching him & he sees something over the hill & Bolts-headed out a town. They have Been seeing lots of Coyotes & we are guessing that had to be it as nothing else around-wind was great. Then, I do another little rattle @ 4;15 & immediatly this little 5 pointer pops up 80 yds away by MY stand. We are in Daughters Double ladder. He walks out into the field looking around & then goes to feeding. NOW, my daughter says-he's just a baby, I won't shoot at him if he gets close. I told her, you've never had a shot, thats your choice. Anyway, I said, I'm gonna show you how to get him close. I tickle rattle the horns & she says, oh my God, he's running to us. (When it works, it works good). Anyway, hes just at 20 yds milling, sniffing & looking for the fight. He turns perfect quarter, away, broadside. I say sweetie, thats your perfect bow shot right there. She says no, he's just to little. Lots of video & I played with him for over 1/2 hour. daughter got to learn about horn rattling today. We had a great 3 hours today. She said, if it had been a Doe I would have taken the shot OR that other BUCk... Anyway, she's going to be a great Bowhunter....We have until the 5th. These Bucks both came to the rattle & no Does around...