HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Duck gun
Thread: Duck gun
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2003, 09:59 PM
kbstern

Default RE: Duck gun

I also have an 870 super mag. It' s getting its first run at the real thing in the morning. Last year I borrowed a buddies 870 and it was great. Had a lot to do with the reason I bought mine. What kind of Winchester are you looking at? A buddy I hunt with just bought a Model 1300. He' s kinda partial to Winchester. MY opinion in regards to the saltwater, general conditions, etc. is that if you take care of your stuff it shouldn' t be a problem. I have heard of guys who take their equipment out in harsh weather and then wait forever to clean it up and wonder why there are problems with it. Personally, when I bought my gun earlier in the year I agonized for several months over what type of finish to get. Black synthetic vs. camo vs. wood/blue. I finally decided that for ME my treatment of the gun wouldn' t be any different regardless of the finish. So I broke down and bought my Remington 870 Wingmaster Super Mag., and you know what ... it was worth every penny I payed for it. That' s my nickels worth from this corner of the world.