HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - anyone use the leupold ultimate slam muzzleloader scope?
Old 11-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Breechplug
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Breechplug, wanted me to post this picture for him

So here it is - I think he will follow with an explanation...

Mike would you post this pic for me on the Forum about has anyone used the Ultimate Slam ML Scope? The target was at 100yds and I was using the first (black dot) on the reticle to see where I would hit. The 5 shot group at the top was with the scope, the bottom shot was open sights. Just to show the scope is a good one and so is the accura.

Hi Mike, and Thank You for posting the pic for me! Im sorry for not replying earlier but after I sent sabotloader the pic I went BowHunting, I guess I have to get my priorities straight, LOL.
Anyway this was my 5 shot group using the (150yd Circle mark) on the Leupold USML Scope.The lower shot was done to see where I'd hit using just the open sights and I guess the shot will do if I had to use them. She does hold her own and so does My ACCURA. Anyway the Scope is complicated as everyone can see, I have read the comments and from what everyone says it has it's advantages and (possibly) some disadvantages.
I think Im gonna try using the recommended 100gr Load and see how close my marks are to the load I was using. I guess all and all it is a great scope if you got the patience to figure it out.
Please dont be afraid to buy one, just give yourself some time to figure it out. I'll post a review using the recommended 100gr or 2-pellet 20guage setting and let you know my outcome.
(BP)