HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pa. Guys, what is the story in your neck of the woods?
Old 11-09-2009, 10:04 AM
bowfly
Typical Buck

shane...inconsistent is the best i can give you

tuesday last week a monster, double drop tine, came in to the rattle bag, grunt tube and can call, made a scrape...then came in to 30 yards facing towards me, no shot, i felt like puking as he backstepped into the thick stuff where he emerged (story to come, i am still recovering )

wednesday last week no bucks, but 5 doe came in and bedded in the morning, grunted a buck in the evening, before dark...a grey fox spooked him away

thursday last week four different bucks, two grunting and causing a ruckus, trailing a good doe...two others came into rattle and grunt

saturday this past weekend...i grunted a button buck into range, he made a scrape and left after not finding ms hot-thang, at night a can call brought a hot doe by me, large buck following, all i could see were main beams at 15 yards and nothing through my peep

today, in the morning, one spiker came in to the can call, uninterested

i don't know, warm weather, a lot of corn standing, too many factors i cannot put my finger on

as a side note, my dad took a cool 8pt on saturday morning, his first with a bow (crossbow...he cannot draw due to a lung transplant, story to come), and saw 4 other bucks that morning in my best stand after the shot, also his came in with no rut signs, my neighbor's boy's buddy (man that sounds complex) shot a 15" wide 8 point actively after a doe before dark the night before

hoping for one this week or saturday!!! AND rut activity too!!!

Last edited by bowfly; 11-09-2009 at 10:06 AM.