HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - States Considering Banning Deer Urines - GOOD READ
Old 11-08-2009, 07:31 PM
wingchaser_labs
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by elkhuntinut
This may not be new for some, but read this in my Outdoor News magazine. Interesting read, but 9 states are considering banning deer urines due to CWD. In the article I read, it said that a deer urine with CWD poured on the ground, the soil would be contaminated for 18 years !!! The other study shows that once CWD shows up in a state, it has yet to rid itself of it.
There is also alot of biologists who beleive its a naturally occuring disease. Herds out west have lived with it forever and are fine. They still don't even know how it is contracted for sure. Also something to think about is that cwd is probably in alot of places we dont know about and has been there forever. They keep finding new units in WI with CWD but guess what, the new units they find it in each year are units that have never been tested. Its nothing but a strain to elminate deer by the dnr IMHO. Colorado has had CWD forever. All the elk there congregate in the winter in the low lands and CO continues to have the largest elk heard around. There is no proof that cwd will destroy a herd. My honest opinion.... CWD is mother natures way of controling over populated areas and she put it in places for a reason..... What next they gonnna make it illegal to make mock scrapes. Also all the places they produce urine for sale is tested for such diseases all the time so the I find this all kinda rediculous. They have more problems with deer populations in the cwd units now than they did before they started tryin to rid the herds of it. Must be a really terrible disease, haha. WCL