HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - first buck with a bow, early october, im a little late
Old 11-06-2009, 08:11 AM
piketon_hunter#9
Fork Horn

Default first buck with a bow, early october, im a little late

On opening day here in ohio, i went out to my favorite stand and saw this buck, he was running a line of rub trees that was about sixty yards away from my stand. i had not got a chance to put out corn yet this year so he never came in that night. That week i put out corn like i always do at my stands. With high hopes i climbed into my treestand on a chilly sunday afternoon, october fourth was the date. Two of my buddies were huntin in my other stands, so we were really hoping someone would get a shot at some horns. at about 4:45 i got a text from one of my friends, and he had shot his first deer ever, with a bow at 40 yards! It was already a successful night for me because my friend shot his first deer in my stand!

while i was texting my friend about his deer, i look up to see two bucks coming straight to my stand from about 40 yards. My heart jumped into my throat. With shakey hands i put away my phone and grabbed my bow, preparing to draw. The buck went past the corn at 18 yards in front of my stand, and behind some brush. i took this opertunity to draw. the buck turned to come back to the corn,, and when he stopped broadside, my bowtech admiral sent a trophy ridge undertaker through both lungs.. i watched the buck run, then slow to a trot, then i heard him crash just out of sight. the next text my friend recieved was "i just smoked a nice 8 pt.!!!!"

he was only a 2 and a half year old deer, and i probably shouldve passed on him, but this is by far the biggest ive ever killed with gun or bow, and i couldnt be any more proud of this buck.. takin him to the taxidermist soon