HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What a friend huh.......please read!!
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 07:19 AM
hunter74079
Spike

Let me ask it this way. If you and a buddy both shoot a deer, that runs out on you, who gets the deer? I have always refused to take any animal that was shot by anyone other than me. If I didnt kill it by myself I dont want it. Now this situation is a little different, but when you finally kill it you will be knowing this deer could have been your buddies and not purely yours. Silly I know, but still true.--------For the record he is a good friend, and you are too for taking him hunting. However, knowing the deer could have been harvested by someone else and the only reason it wasnt is because you said "no dont shoot it", well that takes something away from the ultimate kill or at least it would for me. Either way I hope you get your deer. He is a beautiful animal.
Ok I have never stressed over a deer like this in my life!! Amazing how they can make a grown man worry so much! Anyway I was thinking the same thing as above and yes it is silly. I am a very good friend and love taking them hunting with me cause I dont like to hunt alone and love to share stories of what we seen that hunt when we get back to the truck. I dont want to tell him he cant hunt with me anymore cause I am not like that. Damned if you do and damned if you dont kinda thing!

I did tell him that if he came out next year and put in half the time, effort, and money in managing I would have no problem letting him shoot anything that walks by!