HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tagged out...KS Buck Down Pics!!
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 02:41 PM
brown_boy09
Fork Horn

Default Tagged out...KS Buck Down Pics!!

Earlier this week on Monday I was off from college and wanted to get out that morning and take advantage of it by getting in the stand. I got to the stand and had been setting in the dark for a while. The stand I was setting in was about 10 yards off the edge of a cut bean field. At first light I had noticed two bucks move onto the opposite side of the field and begin to push eachother around a bit and fight. I pulled up my binoculars and started to inspect the two bucks and noticed one of them appeared to be a nice buck that I would like to get a shot at.

Ten minutes passed and they started to make their way walking across the field but not in my direction. After noticing this I picked up my horns, gave out a couple grunts, and ended it wish a couple real short/light rattling sets. Both bucks stopped and looked my direction but then continued to walk. I thought to myself I would never get an opportunity at them. Another 20-30 minutes had passed and I was glassing the other side of the field with my binoculars when suddenly I heard a stick crack to my right. I looked over and there stood the bigger of the two bucks that I had just seen earlier fighting. He had walked the edge of the field towards me and I couldn't see him through the trees as he walked the edge of the field. He was standing broadside when I first saw him. I reached for my bow and about this time he started to turn away and walk down a trail into the trees. I was able to draw my bow and release an arrow before he walked out of sight. He was standing at 26 yards slightly quartering away when I shot. My arrow passed through both lungs and he ran about 15 yards before he went down.

He had 11 scorable points. I haven't scored him yet but plan too. I also posted a trail cam pic of him that I had captured earlier of him in velvet. I thought it was pretty cool to harvest a buck that I also captured on camera. If anyone has any ideas of what he would score I would like to hear everyones opinion. Hope everyone enjoys the story and pictures! (I apologize for the blood...I did my best to crop it out)
Attached Images   

Last edited by brown_boy09; 10-29-2009 at 02:44 PM.