HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First head of the year out the door
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 03:30 PM
wingchaser_labs
Nontypical Buck

Default First head of the year out the door

Well got my second year in buisiness off to a great start with a deer and a bear in the first week of the deer season here in WI (mid sept.) but since then its been dead to say the least. Was expecting some western and canadian animals to come in from people I know but non of the trips resulted in any trophys except the small bull I killed in CO that I will be mounting. Finished the first deer up on thursday. I did get another buck in finally on sunday so maybe thigns will start pickin up with the rut coming on now and gun season not far away. Feels good to get that first one of the year done exspecially when the cape was giving me some troubles during mounting. I did have a brain fart though and forgot to clean the eye lashes before I took pics, haha, and it was way to sunny the day I took pics, then it was raining the next day so no pics after cleaning. Any critiques are welcome. I know I had some issues with the hair on the right side of neck and tried working them out best I could, this was the first one I had troubles with on that. also that little black spot under his white patch is a small cowlick. Thanks. Kyle