HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A long time coming. Rollercoaster ride ends with a PA buck down.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:32 AM
MGH_PA
Nontypical Buck

Thanks everyone. I'm still extremely pumped. I don't know if I'm ever coming down off cloud nine I'm taking him to the taxi this weekend (cape is prepped and cooled), and I'm considering a pedistal mount with some foliage around on the base. I don't plan to get many whitetails mounted, and this being my first and my largest buck to date, I want something special.

That's an amazing story and a gorgeous buck. You should be very proud. The pictures turned out great, btw.

It's nice to have family and friends that are always willing to help. That's what its all about!
Thanks, and it certainly is great to have the friends and family I do.

Congrats. That's a crazy story!!! I can't even imagine how hard it was to sleep that night!! That thing looks like its a 200 pounder I can't get over its body size jeeze!!!
Yeah it was probably the worst sleep I've had in quite a while He was a BIG bodied deer. I wish I would have had a chance to get him on a scale.

That's an awesome story. Job well done by everybody. The pic's came out fantastic. Congrats!! Matt. That buck monkey is off your back. I know your Dad was happier/prouder than you'll ever know to find this buck for you. It's what Dad's do.
Thanks! Yeah, I told him I felt terrible having him do the tracking/recovery, but he was all smiles when I got home. I'm going to try and return the favor if/when he gets one down this season.

That is a really great buck. Awesome story. I know how hard it must have been to not attempt to pick up the trail that night, but you did what you needed to do and you were awarded for it.

Also, it is so nice to have good hunting buddies and a great dad. I know that my buddies and my family are my best hunting tools.
Thank you! Yeah pulling back can be hard to do, but having others advising me to do the same thing made it much easier. It paid off in the end.

Great buck man. That is awesome! Congrats. I bet it feels good to get that monkey off your back.

It's not too surprising that you didn't find blood. A lot of times if the entrance is in front of the diaphragm and the exit is behind it you don't get any blood.

BTW, the pictures turned out very well.
Thanks, Bry. What you describe is EXACTLY what happened. The exit was also plugged a bit with intestine material, so nothing came out. The only blood we found were a few spots where I shot.

Ata boy Matt one awsome story and great pictures look forward to the pictures of him on ur wall!
Me, too, Tim. I'm still up in the air as to what type of mount I want done. I need to make a decision fast

Nice PA buck, he'll look pretty good hanging on "The Wall" too.
Thanks, it will then just be a matter of picking what wall he goes on

Congrats! thats a really nice deer!
Thanks teammate! We're on the board!

CONGRATS,

Nice to see another PA hunter having success. I hope to be as lucky as you were in in PA - 4C area. Congrats again.

KC
Thanks! The best time is still yet to hit. For those that care, this was in 2G.

Great PA buck! Definitely did the right thing by backing out and too bad you couldnt be there to find it but the pictures are still great! Its always great to have friends and family that will do things like that for you! Congrats!
Yeah I think this whole experience proved to me how important it is to use your head both during and AFTER the shot. Granted, like I said, having others advising me to do the same didn't hurt either

Matt,

Awesome buck my friend!!!!!!!!!!

That is one terrific PA buck and the story was outstanding, great job! Love the pictures too.

Looking forward to seeing him on the wall.

Take care,

Brian
Thanks, Brian. How have you been? How's the season going for you?

Matt Congrats on a Great Pa BUCK

It was ok for to post this on the other site but not here your not on my team here!!!!! LOL

Congrats on a fine Buck!!!!!
Haha, I know, it's actually my first deer I've been able to enter in the online contests since I started entering them on here, so I'm pumped.

I know you were starting to 2nd quess your abilities from some of your recent threads.Glad it finally payed off for you.The ability is irrelevant if you don't have the time in the stand.
Thanks, TFox. I put a lot of time in the stand even up to this point in the season. I will definitely admit I did NOT pattern these guys. This was a great stand for does, and the occasional 1.5yr old prior to the rut. These boys were not regulars. I'm going to spend a lot of the post-season putting boot leather down to figure out where these guys were calling home and why they were here so early.