HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 35 acre paradise!!!! but confused about it!
Old 10-20-2009, 07:48 PM
nosfedgta
Fork Horn

Default 35 acre paradise!!!! but confused about it!

A friend of mine said I could hunt his land. He has a 35 acre tract of land right off a highway. The area across the street is known for big deer as well as the surounding area. I went to take a look at it and could not believe what I found.

I pulled up and saw a small field about 1/2 acre and it had 30 large crab apple trees and all of them were loaded!!!!!! on theleft side was a 2 acres pathc of 5 year old pines that were thick and it butted up to the highway. I walked to the property line and went down the side of a ridge that was very thick but had a deer trail along the fence all the way to the bottom. I get down there and there is a 3/4 acre pond, 4 very large oak trees, about 7 -10 more apple trees and a permison tree that was loaded. On the other side off the pond was ridge that was also very thick.

The property basicaly has three steep ridges that all lead down to the pond. It ahs oaks, apple trees, pecan trees, and thickets everywhere. Here is the part I dont understand though. I did nto see one scrape, rub or large track anywhere!!!!!!! I could not believe it. I walked everywhere and found no buck sign at all.
I just dont understand this at all. With all that food, water, etc there should have been something.

Here is an idea of what the property looks like
Attached Images