HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31)
Old 10-20-2009, 07:12 AM
LadysEdge
Spike

Hi guys
The weekend was awesome....cold, crisp and frost everywhere. The deer were out early in the bean fields. The stand I went to is a great early morning stand in the woods....unfortunately, I wasn't early enough I guess, as I only saw 2 does...not in range.
I saw 10 on the way there in the road!! The cold had them moving around.
The evening was a little more exciting. Had a buck out in the field grunting and chasing a doe...wow, a little early.
A very mature doe was coming my way and hung up when he started all the grunting. She was 20 yard out with limbs of a tree between us...no shot at all. She moved closer and was directly in front of me. The tree I was in was between us. I needed her to take two steps and that bitch stood there until my arm went numb and I had no pin light left!!! What fun!! Why everyone doesn't LOVE bow hunting is beyond me.
Had company and didn't get to go out Sunday.....they don't understand they are NOT supposed to visit during bow season!
I'm glad I have 5 days up there starting 10/28. should be fun. I think the rut will have a good start around the last of Oct., first of Nov. in NE Missouri.
Good luck guys and safe hunting.
Diann