HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (22)
Old 10-18-2009, 06:43 AM
Pope94/IA
Nontypical Buck

Our game friday was funny. The coaches said that that was going to be the hardest and best freshman game in their past three years. Both us and keokuk were undefeated for freshman. They were in the locker rooms and they were saying they were gonna kick our @$S and kill us and stuff and it turned out we killed them 41-0.
Im not even sure what the varsity game was, I got bored because we were winning by so much so I left and went to the cabin. It was like 57-6 when I left the game.

I woke up saturday morning and saw some does and a decent buck that I didn't get that good of a luck at and then a smaller buck. Saturday evening I heard a set of antlers rattling so I just looked around (it sounded realistic) and I saw a buck standing on top of the hill about 300 yards away and I focused on it and focused on it and it turned out it was a decoy... There was a guy and a kid early muzzleloader hunting. I got out of my blind and went to a tree stand that was farther away from them. I heard them shoot and then I saw them walking around in the field looking for blood but I think they lost it because they stopped half way in the field and went back to their decoy. I got out of my stand and was gonna go talk to them and see if they needed any help finding it but they didn't seem like they wanted to talk because they saw me then turned and walked away. Oh well.

Then this morning it was about 6:30 and still dark I heard a coyote to the west of me howling then about 200 yard away south of me was 2 or 3 other coyotes howling together. Once they got done howling a doe comes running up to my blind and was about 15 yards away but it was too dark still to shoot. Later a small buck came out and walked about 6-7 yards from my blind. I have to go to school today to work on my woodworking project from 1-3 then im going back out hunting for tonight.

I got pictures and videos and stuff from this weekend that you guys might like to see. Ill post them later.