HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Changing horn size regulations..
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 03:17 PM
eerdog
Spike

Thanks guys. I believe that WV should put some thought into it. This year talking with all of my buddies across the state, everyone says the same thing. Seeing some bucks but nothing of any size. I have a buddy that has sent me his game cam pics bragging about the amount of bucks he is seeing near his stand. the trouble is not a one of them would really get me excited and I haven't killed that wall hanger just yet. In my preseason scouting and such only thing I have seen have been the wirey 4-8 points, nothing that has age or mass. I did see a stud in a field the other day, but that was near the town on the river. So, that would have been a deer that could have easily hid throughout in that low pressure area.

In WV if it is a whitetail it can be shot in bow season. Spots, "antlers" or not (well some counties have restrictions). Again I have not shot my wall hanger yet, and to be honest with you I have only shot does in bow season because I can't get excited about a small rack. My attitude is "THE buck" for the first weeks of Bow Season, then pushing towards gun season I will shot a doe giving up on the bow kill good buck. then I will go into gun season with the rack in mind, but normally end gun season with a small rack of some sort. The property I hunt I am not able to do any actual hunt management, just permission to hunt with no problems.