HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Hooter's Shooters Thread (1)
Old 10-05-2009, 04:35 PM
dmounts
Fork Horn

Hunted all day Saturday...the weather was better than I anticipated earlier in the week. Was a little warm during the day but no rain. Saw 8-10 doe, a spike and a ton of squirrel. Does anyone hunt them little buggers anymore....so darn noisy. The worst came after dark. I was hunting two fence line funnels that intersect at the corner of a large cornfield. At dark I headed back to the truck. The field also borders the road. Loaded up my gear and got in the truck. Through the moonlight and the spray of my headlights, I spotted deer running around up in the field I was hunting. I get out the spotlight, and see 4 doe and three buck in the field up in the corner I hunt. The one looks like the spike I saw earlier, theres a nice little 6/7 pointer, and a good PA shooter 10 point. He looks to be about 17inch spread...guessing around 120". I'd be proud to take that one, and it looks like he's using the trail I'm hunting. We just need them big buck to start moving around a little sooner than dark...otherwise I need to catch him closer to his bed. We'll see what happens...it was only first day and theres many more to come.

Might get out once more before the weekend. My little bro is getting married Saturday, so this weekend is out of the question. Thank goodness he didn't ask me to be his best man and schedule it during the rut. I would hate to have to make that decision....LOL.

Good luck out there all....keep them arrows flying!