HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 300 Remington Ultra Mag or 300 Weatherby
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Colorado Luckydog
Nontypical Buck

I'm a hunter and not a paper puncher. However, I do like to shoot good groups or I will get rid of a particular rifle. I have a Remington 700 SPS 300 Ultra Mag that I have had for several years. I have had a trigger job (3lbs), a muzzle brake, glassed and floated, and a really nice Nikon Monarch BDC scope put on it. I love my 300 RUM. I will always use this rifle for elk hunting and same sized game. I shot this rifle a lot this year and probably only put a few hundred rounds through it. I really wanted it to be dialed in. I will continue to check it every now and then, and before each hunt to make sure it is on. I will not go out and shoot it for fun because I can't afford to, or want to. If I want to shoot one for fun, I will grab my .223, .243, or a 22lr. I have never been more pleased with the preformance of any cartridge. I just wish I wouldn't have had to spend so much money to make it comfortable and accurate to shoot. Remington should do a better job from the factory.

I still say, " If I could only have one rifle, it would be a 30.06." REESE