HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What are the 5 biggest hunting myths?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 11:39 AM
earnabuck
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
1) Just because more people disagree w/ me than agree, doesnt mean theyre right, in fact id say more people usually agree w/ the myth than the actual truth.
2) "my little corner of NY" is not all that different than much of the rest of the counrty. many would argue that some of the best whitetail hunting is found in subrban areas all over the counrty, where only bowhunting is allowed , and most states hold bow season during the rut ,so your argument that Im projecting from a bubble falls flat.
3) Ive killed dozens of deer w/ my bow and gun ,thats not to brag or sound arrogant, but thats what I base my beliefs on, how can you make any objective determination on the subject, if you have not even killed a buck w/ a bow? Your basing your opinion on whats harder, by believeing that you could have killed deer w/ a rifle ,that were out of bow range, but what you fail to realize is that you might not have even seen those deer while gun hunting , and maybe not even have been able to hunt w/ a gun, in places you saw them anyway
4) I dont know how many more Xs I can say this, for it to sink in but I never said bowhunting is always easier, I origonally said "gun hunting is easier that bowhunting is a myth" because in many cases, bowhunters have an advatage over gun hunters , and sometimes the situation gives the advantage to the gun hunter, the point ,for I dont know how many XS now, is that one is not nessassraiyl harder than the other.

Now I wonder how many more posts it gonna be before the next person says "yeah but you can shoot farther so its eaiser"

Well lets agree to disagree because you aren't looking at it the same way most other people are. If fish are rising to flies, fly fishing is easier....If deer are chasing does and not caring about safety, you will see more bucks therefore while bowhunting you may have a better opportunity at a big buck. By the way, I have shot bucks I am just more selective now.