HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)
Old 09-30-2009, 03:27 AM
wis_bow_huntr
Giant Nontypical

I sat out lastnight and let me tell ya, what a long sit. Even though I got out a little before 5 Im glad i didnt go out any earlier lol. I did see 3 deer however. The first one was on my way to my favorite stand overlooking one of our cornfields, Im just about half way along the end of the field and looking down the rows and here stands a HUGE doe, she comes bareling out and cuts across the corner of the cornfield behind and stops dead in her tracks. I have no release on and no arrow nocked...DOH! We had a 1 minute stare down before she bolted into the woods. I should have known better as I have had deer come walking out of the cornfield on my way to this stand before. Well i climb into my stand and sat, and like clock work 5:45 here comes one deer out of the woods about 80 yards out..i couldnt tell if it was a buck or doe at that point. It came out and grazed for about 2 minutes and nervously walked back into the woods. At about 610 or so here comes another deer out of the same spot, this one is a buck. I couldnt tell how many points but you could see his antlers. He came out calm as could be and kept looking behind him, about 10 minutes later here comes another deer, thought it was a doe but it turned out to be a spike. They made their way to the cornfield and came right to me. The first buck was a 7 pointer, not the one I have been seeing though. Other than that, thats how my nite was lastnight. Wont be hunting tonight, have to go put a new deck on the cabin tonight. Hoping to hunt the rest of the week if the weather stays decent...