HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What are the 5 biggest hunting myths?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 03:03 AM
DeerandbearhoG
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dooittoit
Ok, I think your statement of gun hunting being harder than bowhunting is kind of crazy...What if you had the chance to either bring your bow or gun with you during rifle season. Which weapon would you choose....you have the problem of drawing back without being noticed and then holding at full draw.... you cannot rest your bow on anything for a steadier shot....sometimes the deer can "jump" the string.
You guys keep missing the point You keep comparing the actual weapons themselves, to each other, and completey ignore the other factors that come into play. I never said a bow has as much effective range ,or is easier to shoot as a gun. I said gun hunting being eaiser than bowhunting is a myth, and heres why... again!!!!

1) In most states bow season takes place during the rut, IME the best chance of seeing a good buck during shooting hrs ,is during the rut.
2) At least where I live, you have alot more places to hunt w/ a bow, than with a gun.
3)There is way less hunting pressure during bow season, again providing more opportunity to see deer during hooting hours.

Those are pretty signifigant advantages ,no?

I also understand there are scenarios when hunting w/ a gun is certainly an advantage, but that doesnt mean that just because you can actually shoot farther, it automatically make the hunting itself easier, does it?

BTW I hunt and kill deer w/ bows and guns ,I just dont kid myself into thinking Im some sort of elite hunter, just cause I got a bow in my hand.