HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Homemade scent free body wash?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 09:12 PM
mondoman86
Fork Horn

Default Homemade scent free body wash?

I was wondering if anyone had a recipe for homemade body wash, or soap? I got tired of paying high price for scent free spray, and started making my own. I was wondering if anyone has made any body wash, or soap? My scent free spray works really good. After I've been working outside, and all sweaty I'd spray some of it all over the stinky shirt, and let it sit for a few minutes. It really did take the smell away to where I couldn't smell it. It seemed to do a better job that the scent-a-way I had did. All I did for it was buy 2 boxes of baking soda. 2 gallons of purified drinking water, and a big bottle of peroxide. I boiled the 2 galons of water, and let them boil for a few minutes. I got a big water dispenser, and put the baking soda and peroxide in that and shook it up. After the water cooled I put it in with the baking soda, and peroxide, and shook it up. I would go back every few hours and shake it up again. I let it sit for about 3-4 days. I did have to vent the lid every once in awhile for the first day. It would build up hard pressure. I was thinking maybe you could make some kind of body wash with a bunch of baking soda, and water, and kinda make it into a paste, or something? Any ideas?