HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What are the 5 biggest hunting myths?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 07:34 PM
dooittoit
Spike

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
I dont know why its so hard for people to understand that there are scenarios where bowhunting can be way more productive and even easier than hunting with a gun, and I gave several detailed reasons why bowhunting is not NECESSARILY harder than gun hunting in this thread,how about addressing those?
Ok, I think your statement of gun hunting being harder than bowhunting is kind of crazy. Here is a scenario. What if you had the chance to either bring your bow or gun with you during rifle season. Which weapon would you choose? Just because the deer you've harvested with a gun were in bow range does not necesarilly mean you would have gotten them with a bow. Reason being you have the problem of drawing back without being noticed and then holding at full draw if the deer stops behind a tree, it's then that you get the shakes after a couple minutes. Also you cannot rest your bow on anything for a steadier shot. Also, sometimes the deer can "jump" the string.