HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NYB/NYSMLA proposal
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 07:36 AM
kb1
Fork Horn

Talking

Originally Posted by BuckAlley
I am a NYB member. On 9/18 I rec'd a letter from NYB about this very proposal. So obviously NYB is contacting its members. Plus NYB is doing this proposal before the scheduled DEC meetings. I don't see the problem. All I see is more bashing of a organization that continues to work for hunters. NYB joins forces with the Muzzleloader Assoc. again showing how willing they are to help, and work with others. But for this they get grief. It seems no matter what they do for hunters they get bashed by some, and its getting old.
I for one like the proposal. Its a increased opportunity for our youth, something this state has to take steps towards. Its a increase opportunity for primitive muzzleloaders in the earlier Southern Tier. Its increased opportunity for bowhunters. Wheres the problem? I love the idea of a youth wknd. I like the idea of a primitive wk of muzzleloading. Being primitive only, won't just turn that wk into a early extension of the Reg. season. Much like its become in the North with Inlines, and scopes. A Oct. 1st archery opener would be great, heck I'd been happy with a Sat. before Columbus day proposal for archers.
This is a great proposal above, and beyond anything the DEC has done for hunters. The DEC increased our license fee's for the 09-10 season. Like many I paid $30 more for the same opportunity I had last season. If more hunting opportunity had been a part of that increase I'd have NO complaint. I also think its great 2 darn good organizations are working together to do something the DEC fails to. Maybe the DEC will finally listen, but I have serious doubts.
1+ Iagree with every thing you said,what a time saver....karl