HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Mass Destruction Thread (25)
Old 09-21-2009, 08:33 AM
npockat32
Nontypical Buck

Well guys I almost had us on the board on Friday night. I had 140+ 9 Point 18 yards broadside. Here's the scope. This was at 6 pm, 1 1/2 left of shooting time and I notice a buck walking towards my way about 100 yards coming out of the corn. I get my binos up and notice he's a shooter. He closes the distance to 30 yards. I was pulled back on him and had one little opening but it was too quick of shot and I let down and I knew he was coming closer anyways because I didn't want to take a fast shot like that and wound him. He started getting closer about 25 yards behind some trees and he turned to walk down my way in which he came by 18 yards but trotting and I couldn't get him to stop. 2 stupid fawns came running and bleeting behind him and followed them in which he only came by at 18 yards but I couldn't get him to stop. Man what encounter. I was kinda pissed at the moment but I figured I have bigger bucks in the area and it was only my second weekend out.