HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Snowshoe considerations
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2003, 11:59 AM
Buffy

Default RE: Snowshoe considerations

Bob,

I understand what you are saying and there is definitly some truth there. However, I would counter with the fact that there isn' t a single place on Snowshoe mountain that doesn' t have rugged terrain. Believe me, I' ve looked. Plus there is the fact that all the literature for World clearly states that the terrain is extrememly rugged and to dress and prepare accordingly. Should we penalize those that thave taken that into account when they prepare for a large shoot such as this simply because other people may not have done the same? If we start quibbling about the terrain on various ranges we might be better served finding a site on flat land that could host. Something that I doubt will really be considered at any length.

Yes, the shoot was decided by 10 targets. Some people got their first days scores counted with the second, so why not do that for everyone to be fair? You are right at least in part because the first days targets were what deterimined who would be shooting on Sunday. But at the same time I am right in that the final outcome of the shoot was deterimined by the second days 10 targets. In my class, if the first days scores had been added to the scores from Sunday you would have had a much different outcome, and the person, who would have won it, would have done so by a margin of at least 6 points (by my calculations at least).

Let me reitterate, I' m not boycotting the IBO, I still believe in it' s mission and the role it serves to promote the sport we all love so dearly. But if the IBO is going to truly represent its members, it HAS to listen to their complaints as well as the praise. Which, as far as I am concerned, they are doing.