HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First trophy down!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 10:13 AM
jake1818
Spike

Default First trophy down!!!

Well guys, this is my first trophy buck ever and i couldnt have asked for a better buck, im extremely proud! Got him about 6:45 this morning, really symetrical ten point!!
Story:
I woke up late today to get to my stand i usually arrive around 5:30 and i reached my stand at about 6. After about 20min of sitting there waiting i here brnaches cracking and leaves russlin around behind me, i was thinkin to myself its just a squirrel or chipmunk. Well out of the corner of my eye i see a deer and then it steps out, a tall spike with good potential, now my heart was pounding. The little guy walks right under my stand and walks out about 8 yards and is feeding on some acorns, around the same time walking down a trail to my left i see a fork that ive had on camera with this spike during the previous couple weeks. Also ive always had a big buck with these guys(there is a 2 ten pointers and a big 8 that ive had on cam, and one of the tens is a regular). This is the frst time in the season that ive seen bucks and boy am i shaking and heart racing. After about ten minutes both of the little bucks pick there heads up and look down the trail they came from. I see both of the bucks run about 10-12 yards away from were they previoulsy were, and im thinkin "great somethins gonna scare them away" all of a sudden i see antlers pop out in front of a bush. Boom big buck! In my head im thinkin this is really happening! This 10 point buck walks out and takes his grand ole time(about 5min) to walk 15 yards into my shooting lane. As soon as hes in the lane he puts his head down and i pull back, aim(which was the hardest part because i was having a severe case of buck fever), and pull the release. I ended up shooting high and spining him, he didnt go 1 yard and dropped. After relizing the shot i took, knowing that it was a bad shot i had to do him the honor and make finish him off ethically without suffer. I had climbed down and shot him again in the heart/lungs, about 5-10 min later he was finished! Incredible day, incredible buck, incredible experience! Sorry for the long story guys! Cheers!
Attached Images