HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 06:57 AM
coryj
Fork Horn

I put down doe #6 on our kill permit yesterday afternoon, can't shoot bucks though until 10/3. However, last night after dark while I was spotting I saw 3 bucks, a big six, a real nice 8 (maybe 110"), and the biggest, a ten that would probably score 125-130". These estimates are a little conservative as I don't have a lot of experience scoring deer, but I'd rather guess wrong on the low side than the high side. It's the only time I've seen these three bucks, but they were on a property I hunt and were in the back yard feeding under the oaks. Our acorn crop looks like it will be great this year and started dropping in a few spots. Based on what I've seen while hunting does on the kill permit I'm confident that I will put some points on the board this year, but I will not hold out for one of these guys. I'll take the first decent buck I have the opportunity to. We get 3 buck tags in VA so I could still have a chance later in the season; however for the contest we have to score the first buck.