HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shooting Houses?
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 09:45 PM
IL-Cornfed
Nontypical Buck

Default Shooting Houses?

I have recently completed contruction on 2 shooting houses. Both feature 4x8 floors with an additional 4ft deck, have 6 ft ceiling heights and are elevated on 8ft 4x4's. Being a hardcore bowhunter I didn't really have any idea of what I would really need in a shooting house for our gun seasons. However, with all 3 of my kids (Ages 9, 10 & 14) now enjoying Firearm hunting during our Youth, General, and special Late firearm seasons I wanted to provide a comfortable stand for ALL day sits to maximize their odds at a deer and their enjoyment.

My question, do any of you have any thought and opinions on additional add-ons and/or accessories that I could add that have improved your own shooting houses. For instance, the best floor coverings (rubber mats vs. carpet), the most comfortable chairs, any shelves or accessory hooks, etc, etc. ??? Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks for the input.

Some pix of the project..... they are Cell pix so please excuse the low quality.

The quiet sliding widows work pretty slick. They feature a metal faced outside with a sliding plexi window on the inside.

Each blind features 4 "gun" windows and 1 "bow" window on the end.

The finished project.....