HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Surpass Thread (37)
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 04:58 PM
HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by shawneeslinger
Finally got to hunt today, nearly 2 weeks after the season started. I thought I might get to put us on the board. I watched a 140 ish buck come out of the beans and head straight for me. He zigged when he should've zagged needless to say. The closest he got was 77 yards, but I was ready. I gave a few light grunts and he stopped and looked my way, but that was about it. He headed off into the woods and that was that. Watched another little doe for about 20 minutes, a pair of wood ducks on a small pond and a huge skunk. It was a great morning. I made it out for my first hunt, didn't forget anything and didn't stroke out running the climber up the tree. That's probably it for this week though. The deer aren't moving, its still pretty warm and our early Wood Duck season comes in Wednesday. This has become a glorified redneck festival for many of my buddies and I wouldn't miss it for the world. Hope the rest of ya'll get to hit the woods soon. Good luck and stay safe.

Man, that would have been nice to get an arrow in that big boy! Good luck to you too!