HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Uncle Dave's Drill and Grill
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 04:42 AM
Johnny b
Nontypical Buck

Well the shoot is in the history books. Run down was 6 boats showed up with one non-member boat. Their first tournament. Largest gar went to Jarrad Poole, Smallest gar to Chris one of the non members. Jake Harms shot the one and only buffalo. Christine and Snuffy had quite a time fighting back and forth on the largest Carp. Snuffy had it at 6.9. then christing brought one that was 6.13. All was final. then when snuffy was transfering his fish to my barrel for me to dispose of he found a larger one on the bottom and it weighed 7. Christine was grachious to let him enter it even tho weigh in was closed. KOOKOOS TO Sportman ship. As usual DAVE AND JOANNE Worked their butt's off putting on the shoot and cooking all the fish. Which was really good and that is coming from a guy who does not like fish. Over all the fishing was pretty slow. I spent all day chasing calm water. Funny how the wind can blow from every direction down on that lake. Jake shot the new state record shad. As of now shad are legal and none have been turned in. The only problem is we could not find a scale small enough to weight it. Over all Kendall and Christine shot the most gar and all from the same cove. They just sat and let them swim right up to them. I ran all over the lake and we only shot one. It was a very good time, and a big thank you to dave and joanne again for all their fine work...