HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - mossberg 935?
Thread: mossberg 935?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 02:24 PM
deke12ga
Fork Horn

The 935 is not designed to cycle light loads. In fact Mossberg says to only shoot 3" and 3.5" shells in it. Yes some do cycle 2-3/4 dove loads but they are not designed to. My hunting buddy had one and shot it for about a week and the bolt broke in half, but his was one of the first ones. Another buddy has a flyway model and loves it and it has shot well for a few years now but it will not cycle 2-3/4" shells. The best 3.5" guns for light loads are the SX3 which I own and LOVE!!!! Browning Silver whcih is essentailly the same gun. The Beretta X2. I had a 11-87 supermag and it was a piece of junk. My wife has a Remington SPR 453 which is the same gun as the Baikal MP153 and its been a really great gun for her. Shoots 2-3/4 heavy dove loads all they way up to 3.5" shells. You just have to adjust the gas nut depending on what shells your shooting. Its somewhat a hassel but not terrible to do. Its also going to be the cheapest. You may can find a used SX2 which is an older variant of the SX3 or a Browning Gold for a good price and both should still do what you want. The Beretta's and Bennelli's are good guns too just overpriced for me.

PS: Its not my sale but theres a deal on a Browning Gold 3.5" in the classifieds on this forum...

Last edited by deke12ga; 09-13-2009 at 02:30 PM.