HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Surpass Thread (37)
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 05:46 AM
kill_it_n_grill_it
Nontypical Buck

Checking back in again. Not much to report on my end. Have been working a few folks that I have met recently to gain permission to hunt on their ground. I am getting close.

Had a long day on Friday (stayed out too late at the lady i've been chasing's condo the night before. 2 am was not a great idea.) Went into work around 8 and left early to make up for it. Spent all day on Saturday in Iowa City. Started tailgating at 7:00 am, went into the game, tailgated till 6:00PM, went out to the bars until 2. Got back to my house, which is an hour away from Iowa City around 8:30 am and started working on the house. Ended up going fishing at about 4:00 and got back in around 10:00. Cought 3 catfish and a slight buzz. Got back up about 8:00 on Monday and went back to work on the house. I have my upstairs bathroom functioning completely FINALLY. Took the pooch out swimming for about an hour, then went down the the Quad Cities to pick up a few things and to go to the gym. Ended up stopping at the lady's place for a while and got back home around midnight. Now today I was up before the sun and back to work. I was thinking this morning that I need to slow myself down a bit. I've been going about 100 miles an hour for the past 4 months, and I could use a bit of a break. But I guess I can always sleep when I'm dead.

It sounds to me like the rest of you have been keeping plenty busy as well. Keeping busy passes the time alot faster before hunting season starts! I still need to make it back to my mom and dad's place to pull the SD card out of the trail cam. It's been sitting in there for over 2 weeks now. Hopefully I will have had some nice action on it.