HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My 2009 target buck!
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 02:25 PM
J Pike
Nontypical Buck

Default My 2009 target buck!

My only goal for the 2009 season and his pics are below. I discovered this buck while shed hunting last winter in OH. when I started to come across his huge rubs, I imediately changed gears and started scouting this buck to try to learn every thing I could about him and ended up finding both of his sheds in the process.
This past April I placed a camera, a mineral site and a stand within bow range of where I found each of his sheds and started getting picks of him at both sets in June and continued to do so the entire summer.
I knew if he didnt change his patterns I would have a pretty good chance at this buck come bow season, and I was pretty sure I knew exactly were he is bedding. Well I just checked my cams and it turned out that he is bedding right in front of one of my cams, so yesterday I hung another stand about 200 yards away so I can stay out of the middle of his bedroom. Now all I need is 2 more pics! One pic of the buck after he sheds his velvet and one with me & the buck together.

Last edited by J Pike; 09-07-2009 at 02:31 PM.