HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tagged my Wolf yesterday in Idaho's Hunt!!
Old 09-02-2009, 06:21 PM
millagerobert
Typical Buck

I imagine you want a couple hunt details as well, it's been a circus the last 24 hours so here is a little bit of the details.

I went up into the National Forest the night before season opened and high mountain road where I could listen for howling in various drainages. Around dark I found a drainage where the wolves were going crazy, so I went back to the nearest campsite and set camp. I woke up at 3am, and walked a little ways towards the sound of the still howling wolf pack around 4am. I sat up and waited to call at daylight. After about 20 minutes of coyote distress calling the pack came in, with the female I took stepping out first. A quick 30 yard shot from the Tikka .243 and my wolf was on the ground, 100 grain core locks make good wolf medicine.......pics on my blog as usual....type my name and wolf killer into google to see what the whacko enviros are up to with me, they are posting my info everywhere...fight back for me if you would like......I am done for the day....good hunting...