HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Questioning Myself in Regard to Son's Hunting Season... Any Advice?
Old 08-31-2009, 04:18 AM
Ava
Fork Horn

The last time I physically disaplined my son was when he got caught skipping school on the first day of deer hunting in the woods last year. AGH!

I don't like to break out the corpal punishment but I reserve the right for serious offenses ect... but to whoop him for bad grades... no. I won't and never have. Disapline is few and far between. I can promise you that.

Last year, he went for 9 solid weeks with nothing but his books and he still didn't do well. He cried, bitched and moaned the whole time.

I don't want to take his hunting away from him. I'm hoping he will excel this year...

I understand your opinions on the matter too DLG but this is an ongoing issue with him and when you have children, you'll understand more of what I'm going through when your time comes. I understand that hunting is everything to some but academics are important too.

He can't even get into sports at school because they follow academics. Poor grades = no sports and that's not me, that's the school.

I just hope I'm over reacting this year and ds proves me wrong. That would make me soooo happy!