HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18)
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 10:47 AM
MILLERTIME10
Typical Buck

Dave, you seem to be on here and more active than anyone else on our team, you have my vote for captain.

I like Booner Busters, I think it has a good sound to it.

OK, the little guy is taking a nap so it gives me a little time to introduce myself. I will be hunting strictly out of the west central part of Oklahoma on our family farm, unless something unplanned comes up later this fall. I have some game cams out but haven't caught any shooters yet. No worries though, we normally have 2 or 3 shooters move in from the river early to mid October. We had three 2 1/2 yr old 8 points on our property last year that should be pretty nice this year. We normally try to shoot 4 1/2 yr old or older, but if a good 3 yr old walks out with my bow in hand, I will probably have to take him. I am due for a good deer with my bow, it has been 3 years since I have shot a buck with my bow. Part of the reason is being picky, the other is I just haven't been in the right place at the right time.

A little history about our property. We have shot several nice deer off of our place, scoring up to 184", my personal best being 172" 12 point shot with my rifle. My dad shot a nice mature 142" deer last year, the only buck shot off our place last year. I guess that is enough about me and my place, just wanted to fill you all in about myself while I had the time.

A few pictures that some of you may have already seen.

Picture of some of the deer that we have taken off of our property:

Name:  100_0653.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  78.7 KB

My dad's 142" deer he shot last year:

Name:  Dad 'Stickers' 08 (11).jpg
Views: 31
Size:  98.4 KB

My cousin's first deer (184"):

Name:  drewsdeer_013.jpeg
Views: 57
Size:  104.7 KB