HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Treestand Angle
Thread: Treestand Angle
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 12:47 AM
Rhody Hunter
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SouthernStrut56
nobody on earth can answer this but you. Depends on what kind of tree and it depends on what specific tree. No two trees are the same. No matter what kind of stupid calculation somebody suggests, you WILL end up 20 feet up a tree with your stand angled too far down and have to come back down to fix it. It takes a lot of hunts and a whole lot of climbs to be able to predict how much of an angle you should set your stand to for any given tree. Bottom line, there is no certain answer to this question, just get out there and climb some trees to get a good idea of the angle you should set your stand to at the base of a tree. I'll tell you, I've been climbing trees with the same stand for over 12 years and I'll mess up a few times this year and have to climb back down to reset my stand. It just happens.
he is right it depends on the tree . I have some trees i climb every season so i know where to set them before i even get to the tree . usually it is 20 to 25 degrees. 45 is way to steep for a climber the teeth won't bite well at that angle and your ankles will point down to much to climb comfortably