HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - If you had to Choose... WWYC?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 03:38 AM
Ava
Fork Horn

Thanks.

Dad says it kicks pretty good. The gun was meant for ds but like I said, he doesn't like the safety <i.e if he see's a deer and and get's a good aim and doesn't shoot, he will have to put the safety back on>. I tried it when dad first brought it over and it slipped past my thumb two times, I said, that would have went off and he said yes.

Dad says I can take the 35 and let ds use the 243 or he will give ds a 20 guage with pumpkin balls but it still has the same safety. Ds likes the safety on the 243. In my mind, I'd rather suffer the kick and master the safety than let ds feel uncomfortable with a safety he doesn't like.

I figured I would really be the only one to answer this question and I won't really know until I shoot it myself. I think if I can shoot it, considering the kick, I could practice using the safety, get use to the kick and let ds use the 243.

We're s'pose to go out on Sunday. I'm gonna giv'er a go and see what the 35 is all about. That's the only way I will know. Thanks for everything fellow hunters! I'll let you all know what I decide.