HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First Time Hunter... Anything I should know?
Old 08-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Ava
Fork Horn

Default First Time Hunter... Anything I should know?

Hello. As you can see, I'm new here. I just completed my Hunter Safety Course just yesterday with flying colors! I'm so excited!

When I grew up, my dad was an avid hunter. He still is but he's slowed down a bit in his age. He took my brothers out with him but I don't ever remember being invited or intrested for that matter, I mean, I didn't beg him to go but he never asked me either.

Well, here I am today, getting ready to buy my first hunting license this Friday and I find myself very excited to embark on this new experience and hopefully a life time of getting in touch with nature and hunting in general.

My dad is taking me for my first time out. We will be going to 2a. I know he will guide me but I was wondering if there is anything I need to know before hand and what to expect on my first day besides that big buck just waiting for me. *wishful thinking*

I'm glad to have found this forum. I looked at a few others and this is where I'd like to be. I think I'll just sit back and get comfy and maybe you can teach me a thing or two before I actually get out there. Thanks!