HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wifes and hunting
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 11:40 PM
whitetaildreamer
Nontypical Buck

Before we got married hunting is something that we did discuss. My wife loves getting out into nature and since getting married she has passed her hunter safety. We both thought it was a good idea for if she ever chooses to come out hunting and actually hunt (to date she just comes out to enjoy the experience a couple of times a year) so she does the the safety backround. She does enjoy going to the range and shooting also, which I believe is a great idea because she has learnt first hand safe shooting techniques and is able to handle a variety of firearms safely. Our rifle season up here is late Nov to early Dec so it is fairly cold and you have to be dedicated to put up with the long days of minus 30 weather so she mostly comes out with me during ML season when the weather isn't quite as severe. I must say that when I'm getting up at 4 am for rifle season and she gets up to make my lunch it is tuly appreciated (kind of a mussy love thing I suppose....what is love? Getting up before 4 am to make lunch for my husband when he goes out deer hunting). For this I am very lucky