HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Peep sight question...
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 04:07 PM
OHbowhntr
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by castnblastkev
I bought my bow last year and took off the sights and peep sight that were already installed on the bow because i like shooting instinctive(thats how my dad shoots so i figured id try). Well this year id like to put them back on because i wasnt shooting as good as id like and dont want to take a chance at putting a bad shot on a deer. I installed the sights back on and put on a kisser button. I dont have a vice and cant put the peep back on myself. Do i really need a peep sight or is the kisser sufficient enough for keeping my anchor point the same every shot?
You've already got some good info here, I'm just going to add a bit. Go to a shop and try out a couple of different peeps, see which ones you like or don't like. If you don't have GOOD STRINGS, I'd stay away from anything like a G5 that doesn't have a tube to align it. I personally even on my bows with GOOD strings use a tubed peep, though I might not really need it, I just feel more secure with it. I also use SILICON, rather than rubber tubing as it lasts longer. I generally replace the tubing seasonally, I just replaced mine this week to get ready for this year.

What I may loose in FPS I gain in confidence that my peep will be where I need it WHEN I need it there!!!

Just my $.02 on it.....