HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what is the best way to get permission to hunt?
Old 08-08-2009, 03:12 AM
RJPOUTDOORS
Typical Buck

A couple of things I use is sending a letter ahead of time to the land owner. I have a letter made up that I send to the land owner telling him a little about myself and how I would like to set up a time to meet and talk with him about hunting some land he has. I also have in there that I'm looking for a place to take my son and will share the meat with him. I put in the letter a date and time I would like to meet if it is okay with him and list my contact info. Most of the time the land owner will contact you before the said date. I explain that I sent the letter first so not to catch him why he was busy or eating dinner. A big part of the time they will tell you when is a good time to met or give you permission over the phone. Since you have a computer make up some businees cards with just your name and contact info. I have cought farmers out working and will just give them a card and ask them to phone me when they have time. A real good time to get new land is the first of the year as crops are out and deer sign is at its best to find when scoutting.