HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scent Wafers
Thread: Scent Wafers
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Jimmy S
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by slickheadshooter
Dont use them. I have been using BioExtreme for about three years now and have never been busted... YOu can use it in the shower, the washing machine, and in the field all from one bottle...

Wild animals can discriminate odors. they will smell the fox urine or pine scent you put out and will also smell you... And they know your odor as DANGER!!! Best to just be odor free..
Great point - Best to be odor free. When I go into the woods, I don't want to smell like anything. Plus I also make it a point to not leave my nasty, human scent on leaves, branches and twigs when I enter the deer wodds. I pair of light gloves goes a long way. I also wear light gloves when I put on my hunting clothers, including my boots. I sometimes see other hunters go through a serious, scent free regimant only to defeat their purpose by leaving human scent on themselves or the places they have walked.

Any deer will realize you have been in their woods if any human scent is left behind. They will also get educated real quick as to your travel routes. As peviously stated, deer will tolerate a lot of odors in the woods, some may present a threat, some not. But the human scent will always trigger a negative response and be treated as a direct threat.
You can sometimes fool their eyes, sometimes their ears, but you can never fool their nose. Man cannot comprehend how good the deer's sense of smell really is.