HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How things change
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 06:22 PM
bigtim6656
Giant Nontypical

Default How things change

I had planned another wallet busting hunting year. New muzzleloader. New arrows two new stands new range finder. All in all about 3k worth of stuff. Now my hunting budget looks more like a a poor mans budget. No muzzleloader no range finder one stand because mine got stolen last season. Same old but rarely shot aroows. Not that i do not have the cash first week of oct i get 2800 bucks same first week nov. But with getting surgery and a 5 month florida trip in jan to may. I cut everything out. I almost said screw it and skip the season but why. I got a bow a 12 ga some camo what more do i need. Heck a stand target to shoot at and some scent killer and i will be good to go. Looks like it might be my best and cheapest year. Reminds me of my first year with a 12ga in one hand a binos in the other and wearing blue jeans.
I have my own land to hunt and live 5 seconds from govt land. As it borders my soon to be 1/4 acre food plot. If i kill one this year i will have gottin my first deer on a zero money spent budget. Makes me feel stupid about the 2k i spent in the last 2 seasons